Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Grown up Christmas


Currently, I am a little afraid of you Christmas. I've worked hard not to let you dictate the rest of my life. However, I'm scared that by befriending you again, you'll force yourself into the driver's seat (yet again), and my life will be taken over by a ghost of Christmas past. So, as I seek to befriend you, go easy on me this year, okay? 

Merry Christmas to all my ghosts and haunts of Christmas...........

I use to think that the biggest moments in life occurred on a large life scale, - the marriages, the births, the deaths, the career milestones. But, paging through my notes on life, I am reminded that more often than not, it's the smaller moments - the tiny details, random ones, that hit the hardest, make you the saddest, make you the happiest. They all leave you somewhat changed, and thinking, forcing you to own up to all of your realities.

No comments:

Post a Comment