Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday's Mindless Chatter began with my husband


this is my always answer to anything...a bit of splurging on something that has lace !
aaahhhhhhhhhhhh.........
turning away, slipping out from beneath the covers, the brightness of morning sunlight drizzled down your back, leaving me alone, to just lie there and stare at you. It was like you knew I was looking too, still feeling your naked body in the palm of my hand, your cheekbone pressed to my pillow, as I just lay there, in the embryo of you. I burrowed further down into that moment, under the blankets, just so you could not see that I was starring immensely at you, as you walked away towards the bathroom. I could hear the water running, the cap of the toothpaste fall against the cold of the morning on the ceramic sink. I envisioned the water spray from your mouth all over the vanity mirror, as you watched yourself brush with the toothbrush dangling from your mouth. I heard the water shut off, the toothbrush placed with a clink back into it's holder, your finger hitting the light switch, as I closed my eyes, so you wouldn't see me starring at you as you reentered the bedroom. When you bent down to pickup your clothes from the floor, I opened my eyes....you never knew, I couldn't keep my eyes from starring at you.

and then the hypnotic effect of morning's coffee took hold of me, and I drifted.....

 Amid the shadows of the darkened room, she tries to make out his features, his lips curl in an almost unnatural way. The last time she kissed those same lips, she was nude on a narrow iron bed, with her hands clasped over his chest, content after making love. In the morning, everything will change, he will be forgotten, and she will pack her suitcase, drive to the airport, and board a plane back home. She shuts her eyes to think, but forgets in love, what comes next. She pictures herself, again, in bed with him, her heart beats faster. Just before leaving, she bends over, and kisses him on the cheek. He reaches out, touches her cheek. Endearments rarely used, except in final goodbyes....

and on a sidenote
 My sneakers were running in the frost of snow very early this morning, slightly cool on my skin, slightly cold, yet a slow methodical subtle dance of rhythm when mixed with my sweat. Felt absolutely wonderful!






No comments:

Post a Comment