Sunday, January 19, 2014

Choose a Partner Wisely

this tassle,  just because,  it gives the wall added color



You know when you get together with friends, have a few drinks, and reminisce on all the occurrences in your life up to that point in time? Well my story...my story generally blows most people out of the water. Now, I know there are many who have more dramatic tales than mine. The stuff that accumulates in some people's lives no Hollywood screenwriter could ever have come up with.

However, what I think makes mine a good one (story that is) is that I came out, alive, and by all accounts, a well - adjusted, fully functioning, professional member of society. ( I could have been F*****up) It could easily have gone another way. I had hoped to live a life I was proud of, happiest in. When I found that it was not, I found the courage to start all over again. It was the blowing on a dandelion that was destroyed with one wish that everything would get better that started me on a better track, a solo journey.

Feeling deep sobs coming from a hormonal emotional place as I said goodbye that day for the last time, to what was, my married life. The only life I had ever known there was in marriage. I now toast to the half a decade it took to find myself, a period of life, gone, a period now, just beginning. My heart will always be mending, and life does march on.

It's like I close my eyes, hold my breath, and commit to being brave long enough until I've gone too far, to ever turn back.... life gives me goose bumps, and, has at times, given an ache to the pit of my stomach. I opted for the courage to start life all over again, and I will draw on that same courage again, if ever I should need to.

 Put your hand against your heart, and remember, who you choose for a partner, always matters; it can even destroy, or better change your life. Who you choose, always matters.........amid the harshness of absolute candor. Obey your innermost mechanism, the one thats pulls in your gut....I am very thankful for second chances, and second husbands!

No comments:

Post a Comment