Monday, January 20, 2014

Running Bare




Nakedly bare, shedding skin by the roadside. Feeling the heat of my animal rise to the occasion, on a cusp of newly chilled dawn air. How unfortunate for those of you still cursed under the slumber of night.  

Harboring in the shadows, gray hand of sky reaching, infusing a sense of grace as I witness the cold unfolding of another January dawn. Inescapably theatrical, in precarious dance, sweat pulls my emotions into a melting on ice of the ground. Soaking up sunshine as if it is something salaciously lewd I cling to.


Small puddles of sweat spread out from each sneaker, as they hug themselves against the cold of the pavement. My flesh now naked, my soul utterly defenseless, in an almost skeptical sideways glance of pretentious thought, dripping wet, a river surrenders to the contours of my body. Magnetic force pulls me toward an embrace with the chill of silent morning air. Another morning run well executed!

No comments:

Post a Comment