Friday, February 28, 2014

Good Morning Friday!


My walk is hard, deep, seductive, convicted, as the click of my high heels pronounces the hardened black pavement. I clutch my workbag so tightly it pushes back leaving indents on my fingers. The birds only a whisper now, so faint I no longer hear them. Opening my shoulders, lengthening my back, my heels seductively penetrate the line of ligament running up my calf.

What one can decipher from the nude canvas of my face, is beauty, sudden sadness, gratitude, pain, forbearance, solitude, destiny, awkwardness, calm, panic, love, loss, strength, weakness, emptiness, fulfillment, passion, empathy, discernment. What one can see are the aches of life worn on my sleeve, as my fingers run themselves along the rim of the coffee cup I hold in my cold hand, thoughts already penetrating through the early darkness of the day, poignant, sharp, and repetitive.
 Eyes downcast in subtle gentle movement, theatrically paused, pondering, tottering on my high heels, as I become part of the morning rat race. The churning of the train fills my ears with loudest roar. Stepping from the platform, crossing through the doors, a poignant silence which seems to last forever as I find my seat.

My body is in stronger than usual heat, as I take rest on the smell my own perfume. The frigid negative temperatures felt when I stepped outside my door this morning have finally begun to get to me, get under my skin, and grope at things in the dark which still haunt at me. The coldness of winter, especially winter 2014, still has a habit of zeroing in on things I wish to forget. Faces and scenes I wish to abolish from memory.........the summer is always so much more forgiving than winter will ever be for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment