Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Adding Compost to Life


Sitting down in the chair beside my desk, taking a deep breath, staring at the dry teabags, wrapper remnants of 85% dark chocolate, last night's organic white wine dried in a stem glass, staring at a passion on the verge of obsession, yes, this is definitely the desk of a writer. All of my words in a collection, I am saving a place for the one that states how it all ends. As god was stunned at the blood covering his palms, so was I, and if I could stash away and rewrite my life story, I probably would, with the wisdom of silence and absolute of concrete, with the black and blue of where it hurts mosts.

 A large area of dry dusty earth is always felt beneath my feet, it is the place where wild flowers push up, filling in for me, the sometimes devoid of life.
My life, the one I keep adding compost to, watering feverishly, forcing out of the house into early morning air, where the world is still quiet, where I can feel the damp of dew on my legs, and hug the sun not yet warming my face, as I escape under a canopy of branches, yes, the sometimes devoid of, THAT LIFE!

I can tell you with absolute certainly that every day I wake up, I look for answers. It is only today that I have come to realize that the answer, the one I have been waiting for, isn't nearly as important as the question ever was.

Life is about starting over, one day at a time!
One emotion at a time!
One poetic profound verse at a time!
One dry eye at a time!
One singular wet tear at a time!
Life is just that, a layering of language! 
A shortened prayer!
An acknowledgment of all that is!
A finish of all that wasn’t!
Life is just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment