Saturday, March 22, 2014

All Roads Lead Somewhere


How does hell become so close to our bones, that heaven is not seen in our eyes? How do we move past what harms us, in order to hold the things we never want to forget? 
Sometimes the heart belongs in a body bag, and other times, I believe the sandbags are meant to save us.

 This morning I went for an early run, and I tasted the wind as it blew, I heard something in the silence, no longer scared by it, or in being alone with it, I held onto the stillness in me. The sculpture of me was always there, it was the chiseling away of the rock to get to the sculpture that took time to reveal it, as my life is now, a completed sentence. My sneakers have holes worn right through their mesh from my toes pushing uphill with much determination. I arced, I spun, I simmered in the breeze as it took hold of the silvery blonde in my hairline

I think the biggest decision of my life, was finally allowing me to be me. What an incredibly awesome idea that was of mine, which only took me half a lifetime to come up with. Wow, talk about a work in progress!

As all roads eventually lead to somewhere, I keep putting one foot of front of the other, very determined to finally arrive, at the place I was always meant to be. It has taken me an arduous amount of time to finally get all of this, but that is okay, the final arrival of me was worth the travel. 

It was the matter of terminating and relinquishing my "no" place for my "yes" place that has brought to me new life. The beauty of loosing, and then finding oneself, I think is what happens after you have traveled to the dark side of the moon
    

No comments:

Post a Comment