Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Mindless Thoughts


I can feel the heat of the noonday sun on my bare arms. The sand against my thighs. Hear the cries of mutant birds off in the distance. What would someone find if they managed to circumvent my locked doors? What if I allowed someone to know me well enough to know exactly where I hide the key that opens my private doors? Not to the trivial or banal, but to the things that hold me together, rather than tearing me apart. 

 Something much more powerful than even sex, money, or even love. I bury myself under a waning moon, very few are ever handed the key to reach beneath my outer epidermis. I am no longer writing, the notebook and pen lie in my lap. Something touches my arm. I flinch and draw away, a neatly made man now stands beside me. I feel the vein of my neck begin to throb, as if I suddenly cannot get enough air to make capable breathing. I reach out my arm, and make contact with the gentleness of his chest. A satisfying familiar click sets in. I know what this is. I know who he is. I know what it does to me. 

My body begins to feel comfortable again, my breathing evens out. I continue pressing my hand to his chest, until, he leads me away, lying in the sand, my underwear blows away, and the water washes over both of us. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder, leaving it there as he guides me, my cheek half resting in his open kiss, a key dangles from my breast, he reaches for it..... my husband always knows how to gain access to my precipices.

No comments:

Post a Comment