Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday Sneakers

 Feeling better, body is shaking off whatever held it to the tombs yesterday. (cups of lemon ginger tea me thinks helped to kick it out of me) 

Just back from my Saturday morning run, hanging on wet breath, still holding my future in my back pocket. I am finding air has a predictable chaos to it today, as the chill of winter has reclaimed itself. The man on the corner took notice, as I held my lips to the mouth of the river, and drank, nakedly tossing pennies into my wishing well. The pennies on the bottom from yesterday, well, they too, still shine. 






My suspicion is that the birds that flocked above me during my run were sent to pull me from myself, pull me from deep self - absorption. They grabbed hold of one of my threads in their beak and pulled me along, as they inched me toward complete stillness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment