Tuesday, April 29, 2014

a sneaker's confession

       My sneakers, unlike me, lack the audacity to mythologize their life. They are simply insipidly entranced, not nearly human enough to comprehend the passage of time, or fear, or the onslaught of the fragility of it all. They are leather and cloth, as each morning I choke hold them, in a tight embrace of the laces. Their life, held firmly in the perfused smell of a wretched sweat. I push them harder, then they need to be pushed, them, being compliant in the exertion.  Each one, one more step closer between heaven and hell, as mesh and sole reshape on each step of a stone.   


 The natural temperament of my sneakers today, a slow and steady pace. Just enough cool crisp air, as a deer studies the bone structure of my face. Terracing down towards the river, sun organically falling from the ceiling, I bath in the rays. Birds with elephant ears grab hold of my whispers, as chosen secrets spill in silent confession. The earth rolls over each sneaker, laces, left abandoned.....no way in, no way out......

No comments:

Post a Comment