Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Girlish & Giddy

"The greatest gift you can give your children is roots of responsibility, with wings of independence." - Denis Waitley

Nothing prepared me for what I would go through as an adult losing the love and comfort of close friends and family. Being the one to stand alone to do what I knew I had to do, is part of why I am here, and why I am okay. On the path of conforming to everyone else's ideas of who I should be, I was headed in a very scary direction, one that could have caused serious fatality to my soul. 

Now I am once again, girlish and giddy. When I get down and moody and pout, feeling sorry for myself, life comes around and gives me something to smile about and I forgive myself for my pity party, and I move on. Life is forward momentum, without ever looking back behind you......

  

No comments:

Post a Comment