Friday, April 4, 2014

Yoga is Life Changing

this bracelet...just because...it soothes me...
ginger, one of my greatest tonics for what ails me.....
Dancing on the intersection of arrogance and wisdom this morning.
So if you have ever considered practicing yoga, I am a yoga teacher and therefore biased, but still, I will tell you that it's a wonderful idea and you should give it a try. From my personal experience I can tell you that if you let the practice inside you, open areas where you may be afraid, yoga will change your life. Moving, away or closer to... just constant motion. It's helped me realize that sometimes I just want to be still, be very still and feel held....it is then, that I practice yoga. 

It hasn't come without tears and a bloody mess, admittedly. Now I am feeling the shedding of layers compiled of stories that I wrote inside myself and declarations that I made that were self destructive, all can be brought to light and I can place them back in my "life album" as experiences, part of this human life I am living. Maybe not gone, perhaps not even fully healed, but realized in the light as separate from I. 

 My past does have to create my future. How simple, but for me so profound. 

Consider the sweat that must pour out for weight loss, the photos burned for lovers to force memories to fade, friends left miles apart when jobs require moving, or watching a child fall over and over as they learn to walk without help, all of these are moments of release. Not even slightly surprising, I find most answers to current struggles, most moments of total release, on my yoga mat, or in the dampness of my early morning appointment with my running sneakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment