Tuesday, May 13, 2014

bones / torment / moments


Somewhere in some unsuspecting crevice of my bones the torment of the night does still matter, the defining moment when morning awaits, and once again, I learn how to breathe. A brief flow of sound from which releases an occasional drop of sweat. Forever hitched to an elsewhere, another time and place, each glide of my sneaker goes on forever, as flesh opens upon the dawn. Branches in angriest of twisted torment encroach my path. No reason to stay, no reason to go further, flesh feeling so unfettered, flirting recklessly as sneakers glide and dance along the sheen of the pavement. Feeling the top ridge of humid air grab hold of the inside of my exposed thigh, the oil from my skin running like an ocean of light down my leg, and there it remains... Another five miles, notched into my waistband.......






No comments:

Post a Comment