Saturday, May 31, 2014

breath / shadows / unmasking / running



    Sun glinting on my shoulders, thin veil of cloud reaches down to poke at my undergrowth. Stained glass of the sky reaches the black and white marble of the pavement, backdrop for my sweat. Soft spot between my hips and navel releases on each step. Deer look on in awkwardness at my forbidden. The river of my blood coarsely pumping through each minuscule vein, sneakers delivering that all-inclusive potion sending endorphins of self derived opiate to my brain. Sprinkles of my salt languish on my tongue, as I lick the dew from my shoulder blade. Muffled silence of the trees slides along the edge of my jaw, framed in beads of perspiration. Walls of my lungs bend outward to contain my breath, settling to a steady sway from a quiet breeze blowing against my upper lip. My sneakers skip a beat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment