Saturday, May 17, 2014

laces / sneakers / obsession




In a language I did not yet know how to speak,

                                     In bitter frost,
 Until my tears ached from my pores,
                    Until the ocean refused to stop kissing the shoreline,
 In wisdom of silence,
                    And loudness of concrete,
 In passion on the verge of an obsession,
                         In thinking out, then placing down,
 Every thought before my temple of self, 
                        My jigsaw puzzle pieces of my life,
 I stood and watched,
                       As your hand waved goodbye.
 As the innocence turned to tragedy,
                       And the drama of the production became unpredictable,
 As I lent you my soft corners,
                       And you sharpened them to hardened edges,
I kept seeing,
                       Your hand wave goodbye
I kept lacing up my sneakers,
Believing the miles would foregive the pain of you
Holding on to solitude in blissful surrender
With eyes unfiltered, how could you ever expect me to just forget?
The teeth of your words chewed through my ribcage, the trembling trench of my hands, as I, once again, laced up my sneakers, in order to forget....adrenaline coursing through my veins, always my drug of choice, to mitigate the memories, and the pain.......

No comments:

Post a Comment