Friday, May 2, 2014

life / purpose


 I pulled from the colors, the aged smell of the frames, the ripped corners of worn photographs. I smelled the paper, the processed ink of digital photos. My arms weren't long enough to reach beyond the concrete wall, the one that held my blindness, choked me every time I attempted to stand up on my own.
     The flight of how I went from there to here still baffles me, strips me of my breath, as I admit how close I was to....giving up.

What one can decipher from the nude canvas of my face, is beauty, sudden sadness, gratitude, pain, forbearance, solitude, destiny, awkwardness, calm, panic, love, loss, strength, weakness, emptiness, fulfillment, passion, empathy, discernment. What one can see are the aches of life worn on my sleeve, as my fingers run themselves along the rim of my coffee cup, thoughts glowing through the early darkness of dawn, poignant, sharp, and repetitive. 
Turning the page, getting on with life, as my words pull together in paragraphs, strength narrates the darkest corners making them less intrusive, less harsh. Softness of sun now breaking through on my doorstep..

Never, ever, give up. Life has purpose, go out and find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment