Friday, August 15, 2014

Eyes/ Faces / Meditation


Sometimes we handle things well in life, and other times, we don't. Then there are the times; we find it even hard to breath, without choking back the tears. I do not think any of us are immune, but rather, some of us are better at the disguise. I think that faces are not real; you need to look way behind the eyes. The eyes always give way to the hurt, the pain, the sadness, the love, the joy, the holding back.

 I think we all hold back, because for most of us, life is too much to bear, in some moments of memory we simply disappear. It is easier for our thoughts to not be shared, so we hold them tightly to our chest, to keep from becoming too jaded or hurt. No matter what most say, I do believe that the 'art of life' is not without difficulty for any, and all of us. We compromise, just to hide that fact. Our struggles become our own, our nuances become very colored. I think burdens we hold, are usually more than each of us can withstand, and, yet, we do not ask for help, as the promoting of that such weakness would damn near kill us, so we think.

 If I walk down the street, you neither know me, nor do I know you, nor either of us know, what the other grieves for, or has been through. We just see faces, as we each fail to look behind and deeper into the eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment