Monday, December 30, 2013

Bringings of 2014


laces, left, lost, and abandoned...........................
I don’t know, here on the threshold of the coming year, what 2014 will bring. Like most years, I imagine it will carry its share of pain along with the joys, and I’m sure that keeping my temper and equilibrium after one too many nights spent worrying about it all will be a challenge. There will probably be moments of exhaustion, of bleary-eyed apathy, of downright frustration.
But then, hopefully, there will be many more moments of grace, when I will just learn to breath deep, and move on. I am not so sure I believe in destiny. I think what I believe in is making better choices. I battle with the notion that things are in some way preordained. The concept of life unfurling " just as it should be," and according to some magical plan beyond my comprehension, sounds truly amazing, but, better choices along the way really rolls the plan along. Firm believer, also, that, at any stage of life, it is important to find your person. To find your beacon. Find your partner. Find your path. Just one person, who believes you are not F******crazy to want to be an astronaut, or, better yet, a writer, whom sits around nude, working her thoughts.  A person who holds your magic. And shares in it.
Someone who never, turns off the light !

No comments:

Post a Comment