Saturday, January 25, 2014

Meeting My Second Husband



For a split second, riding the train, I forgot that he was even ever here. Transporting myself back in time, collapsing yesterday's past into today's present, lingering, while other passengers walked ahead of me. My mouth dry, as I took a sip of water, savoring thought of the wine and love still on my lips from yesterday's past.

 I could see the night playing out all over again, playing scenes over and over again in my mind, like a slow motion play-by-play feedback. Already construing argument as to why I should never see him again, absolving myself from the responsibility of love. This time, I had been blindsided by the smell, the taste, and the feel, of unexpected new sex. 

 I couldn't stop the sensation from coming, nor deny the fact, that his dark eyes left the feeling of warm sun moving up my back, as I became trapped in his fire, as I burned in his flame. Shaking myself out of this trance, heading east out the 42nd street exit, the breeze blew against the curve of my face, as I breathed deeply in, each lungful breath energizing, further revitalizing me.

 I pulled down my sunglasses over my eyes, in intent of knowing, that not everything that existed would be seen along the border of my face. 
I was feeling it all falling into place, the smell, the taste, the feel, of new sex, the responsibility of love right around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment