Sunday, January 26, 2014

Van Morrison Tinkering in My Head


A favorite Van Morrison is tinkering around today in my head, as I reach for  sounds to listen to, amid the murmur of all of this cold, soaking and saturating my soul. (Note to self: warmer blankets need to be added to my bed)  I'm not quite sure what this says about me, or of the universe I have created by entrenching the hopes and flaws of myself, into a single season, but winter is really not for me. Summer takes it, hands down. Curating my life into one stream of thought, also feels like I am molding many junctures now into a single being, a single well defined branch instead of an entire tree with roots in all directions. Summer is but a hopeful reappearing memory, as I  peer up at the jar of sea glass and seashells tucked away on an upper shelf, and get back to the daily grind business of getting myself through the audacity of this frigid month, and then further along through the dread of February's ice and snow predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment