Sunday, February 16, 2014

Stark Frozen Nothingness


Here I sit in front of my computer screen without one substantial rendering of thought to write about today. I should be writing the next chapter of a next book, or figuring out some twisted timeline for my life, but alas, I stare at the computer screen in complete nothingness. I am an early riser, light sleeper, and through a screwed - up backward compiled history, a ponderer,  of yesterday, tomorrow, and the far distant future. 

Yes, again, I have begun, at half past nine on a Friday morning, in the unsettling aftermath of a blinding snowstorm.....pondering the what ifs of my life, and, here it is Sunday, and still, I ponder! 

What if it was July, and not February? What if it was rain, and not snow? What if I was black, and not blue? What if a single stemmed rose was all it took, to wipe it all away? What if the snowflake landed on my tongue, and melted away the bitter cold? What if I gazed inward, for me, would it change the view?
What if.............would I still be me, would you still be you?

How often do you ponder the "what ifs" of your life?  
The answer is, more often than any of us ought to!

No comments:

Post a Comment