Friday, March 28, 2014

Courage of Change


I have always nested myself between places, which is increasingly where I think I live. Between two different worlds of heartbreak and solitary immersion into the place that makes me come alive. There is a certain level of experience that comes with floating in this in - between place, and it comes, for me, with a dance of transition, reflection, and anticipation. There is exhilaration to living in the privileged overlap between the lives you imagined and the life you inhabit. And so, I think, what if enamored as you are with your current life, grateful as you are for it, you also harbor a parallel imagination of a different life? In that life, you wake up on a Greek Island. Your hair smells of salt, your eyes breathe the sea. Your days are sun and waves, white washed and bright. Your breaths are deeper, and seaweed tangles from your hair. What if, this different life wakes from imagination? How many of us would have the courage to grab hold of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment