Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sneaker / Connection

Emphatic trees reach me in morning's theatrical greeting. My tongue licks the paint from the ribbon of blue sky, as the color coats my breath. The sun, a lemon meringue confection sitting high above my shoulders, adding to the heated spillage of my body's honey running down the careen of my navel.

 My resolve crumbles just long enough to doubt my own perception, as I run through a spider web dangling in suspension. My face en-clothed in a white spiral diamond of veil as my breath announces itself under the tangled web of my flesh. 

Cupping palm against cheek, just long enough to catch the rolling bead of sweat from a torrid ride on the wave of my breast. Moving in and out of life like a season, I find a cord of connection between the web and my sneaker.   

No comments:

Post a Comment