Tuesday, May 20, 2014

morning dew / roses / sneakers / spine


Clustering diamonds of breath precede me. Thanking my feet for the miles they have tread, and the profusion of sweat now frozen in time. Closing eyes to see, sun on my back, as legs draw closer to conclusion, clearing cobwebs along my path. Spine surging forth from the anchor of my legs, pulling so far back into my body that I do not know who I am, my breath, the thread now weaving through my mind and soul.
just because, I favor morning dew and roses!

How perfect is the dew of morning? Each time the petals of the rose move; I am tempted to retreat, peeling back the tangerine skin of all of me. Taking deep breaths, allowing my lungs to expand, my body performing action merely by thought, feeling the fabrication of an earthquake, expecting the ground soon to open up, in a moment of silence. A dance purrs through me, as I hold out my hand in a burning crush, blindfolded by my own fear. Some force today, is more than mildly pressing down on me, testing my strength, as I push back in yoga retreat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment