Wednesday, June 4, 2014

acceptance / change / cucumbers


cucumber mint water.........there is nothing quite as refreshing!

My thought of the day is that; life is about changing. The what, the who, the when, the where, even with all of my so-called ‘Zen,' I find my emotion wildly unsympathetic today. Whether good change or bad change, I think leaning into the change is the tipping point for many of us, which rocks the boat over. I learned to swim ancient years ago, at times with the tide, more times than I care to admit, against the tide. I always swam though, and safely made it to the opposing shore of somewhere, someone, and something that I had been reaching for. So, today my thought is on yet another swim, another tide, another change. I am counting down such a vast bucket list of ideals, a repeat visitor to this bucket daily, ducking into quiet space, just to empty my bucket onto the floor, marbles of transition and change rolling in round circle dots of color across the wood floor. Some of life changes roll further along the floorboards than others do; perhaps, they are the ones that are just still a bit out of my reach. The closer marbles I grab and roll within my fingers, touching these closest life changes, make them ever more real to me, ever more solid, as I stand firm footed alongside each of them. Acceptance of the ones I most grieve for. Appreciation of the ones I most strive for. A giant question mark as to who I now am, sits right at the tip of my nose. I’ll let you know when I have the answer, when I find the answer, as to who I now am, from what I once was. The evolution of a life is quite a process. For me, acceptance has been a huge part of the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment