Thursday, June 26, 2014

quilt / abandonement / running / meditate

Making my way slowly to the door, then descending outside of it, into the ruins of rain. Why I did not have the incurable sense to run over the puddle, rather than right through the puddle, is a question that will pester throughout all of my needs today. The blissful freedom of my sneakers vanishes amid a puddle so deep, so wet, and so dreary, that my feet are now afloat in it's soaking misery. The incessant roar of the thunderous rain chasing after me, encouraging my upward awkward stride. I think about the randomness of the raindrop now dripping down the smoothness of my skin, the taste of yet another summer, soon to touch my tongue. 
Air warm and humid as it plays on my shoulder, guilt abandoned, photographs left, a slight breeze blowing over the curved frame of my face, my mellifluous smile. Branching off like spider veins, the nearest hints of lines of poetry, as I step off the path, brushing the overgrown weeds, the rattled wheeze of an invalid friend, a once had lover, spits back at me in awkward revenge as it boomerangs off the bark of an overgrown maple....



Each day my blog can go right, left, upside down or sideways. Never quite sure until I begin to write where the words will lead me...so I follow my sneakers, disquieting vision and face parting into silence.... taking only a few small breaths, apprehensively, as if my body is too small to contain my lungs any longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment