Saturday, June 28, 2014

sneakers/ challenges / acceptance / meditation


Increasingly convinced of the undo randomness of this my life, your life, everyone's life. His sneakers, her sneakers, my sneakers, whomever wears that set of sneakers, guiding us with some eternal faith.  At best taking on a needed diversion (such as this long run) to lie out all of the opposing questions, thus hoping in the end they all suit up to a grander set of answers.

 I often challenge my sneakers to find something I am searching for, as streams of sweat methodically emerge from the internal organs of my own body. I do not need to understand the meaning of life any deeper than this, to know, that, well, on some days, the searching and finding does take a bit longer. The challenge of, and then the hopefulness of, all of that, I leave up to my sneakers, and the invisible (call it faith if you will) set of sneakers which chooses to run beside me on any given day. 

I think, acceptance, becomes a stunning miracle all of us, at one point or another, do the devil's dance with. For me, I dance that dance out here on the running trails, feeling the heat of the sun on my bare arms, sweat against my legs, and the cry of mutant birds off in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment