Thursday, July 3, 2014

sweat / sneaker, hole / yoga / pulse


.
Finding breath through flesh and heat, sipping sweat like a cocktail. Beads of perspiration fashion on my upper arm. Feeling cement beneath my feet, pulse resting in the center of my chest. Sweat beads, in a constant flow, as my feet are unnervingly self - sufficient in the undertaking. Jig sawing up the terrain, rising out of the trees like a fortress. A burning that lifts only as I run again, feeling tiny pebbles on the pavement beneath my soles with infused sweat, humming along. Using my arms as shovels to scoop through the air. My toe, mostly bare, as a damp blanket of body dew covers it's intrusion, into hot, humid early morning air. I've stepped out of myself, in a relationship with the hole in my sneaker.... 

Running hard, sweating wildly. My skin burning underneath like a soft pear cooked to a boil. A bird fly's up, breathing the sugar smell of my skin, thirsty for my salt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment