Friday, June 13, 2014

braclets / bangles/ bullshit


front window of our boutique

Not Bubbles, Not Bangles, Not bracelets, no, today was just all about life's BULLSHIT! In the pouring rain we (cute husband and I) could not find parking close enough to unload, in the rain, the antique desk we had bought for the new boutique we are opening.... it is going to be the CASH desk.... where ALL of the money changes hands.... No, not today, no parking space to be had!

 My son turned 26 today, yes, that's right. Twenty six years ago I grunted and cried, twisted and jerked, and gave birth to the most beautiful blue eyed, dark haired, little boy a mother could ever have hoped for. Twenty-six years later, nope, not even a call back from my multiple (some a bit frantic I will admit) birthday messages left on his voicemail for him from me. Life, well, it can be heart wrenching in the end...no one tells you this when you give birth to these perfect little bundle of joys. I bathed, I fed, I tamed, I nurtured, I wiped off bloody knees, finished school reports and projects, drove my car into overdrive driving to swimming and hockey practices, held them through meltdowns, girlfriend / boyfriend breakups, failed attempts, triumphs, and then of course, there were those four ungodly college years of wants - wishes - and needs that were all fulfilled, but, nope, none of those things now matter. Now I can go pound sand somewhere! Funny how these tiny creatures can drop your heart to the sidewalk, and then, step right on it when they need to cross the street.
Oh, but the unfairness of life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment